This competition now closed. Thank you for all your entries!
We are on the hunt for your most beautiful winter holiday photographs! We’ve partnered with Northern Lights photography expert Colby Brown to choose your best shots for the chance to win a 3-night city break to see the Northern Lights in Tromso, Norway. Find out more about Colby Brown and his top tips for photographing the Northern Lights here.
We’ll send you to Tromso, Norway for a once-in-a-lifetime Northern Lights experience. Tromso is at the centre of the northern aurora zone, and dazzling celestial displays circle the sky above the city with great and regular abandon. You’ll be staying at the Thon Tromso hotel, right in the heart of the city. Anyone who’s been to Tromso will tell you it’s just as exciting on the ground as it is in the air, with an animated street scene and creative culture reflecting the vibrant colours of the pulsating Aurora Borealis.
Included in the Prize
- Return flights for two from London Gatwick to Tromso, Norway
- Three nights’ Bed and Breakfast at Thon Hotel Tromso, situated in the heart of the city
- Free Aurora Safari to Base Stations provided by Tromso Safari
There will also be a number of optional excursions that will be available to you, including snowmobile safari, husky sledding, reindeer sledding and Sami cultural tours. Please note, these are not included in the prize.
How to Enter
To enter, just share a stunning photograph from your Winter Holiday with #WinterServed on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Colby will select 1 winner of a Northern Lights city break for two, and three runner-up winners who will each receive a £100 Best Served Scandinavia voucher. All photographs entered must be taken by you, and contain the hashtag #WinterServed.
Terms and conditions: Northern Lights City-Break
- To enter a competition, you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Best Served Scandinavia or any subsidiary of Best Served Scandinavia.
- Any personal information that you provide to Best Served Scandinavia will be treated in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- Multiple entries per person are permitted.
- One winner of a 3-night Northern Lights city break for two, and 3 winners of a £100 Best Served Scandinavia voucher will be selected by Colby Brown, an independent judge who is external from Best Served Scandinavia.
- The competition opens on Friday 12 February 2016 at 17:00 GMT+0 and closes at 23:59 GMT+0 on Friday 11 March 2016. Best Served Scandinavia reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- Winners will be notified by Friday 15 April 2016. If no response is received from the winner within 28 days of this date, a new winner will be chosen. By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Best Served Scandinavia may require, including photographs and a short description of your trip, which will be used to promote Best Served Scandinavia products on our websites and social media.
- You can find out who has won this competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Marketing, Best Served Scandinavia Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT after.
- The independent judge, Colby Brown, is a professional photographer, and winter photography expert. The independent judge is in no way related to Best Served Scandinavia, its employees or subsidiaries.
- The prizes will not be changeable or transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. No refund is offered if less than the minimum numbers of people travel.
- Excursions are subject to local weather conditions
- This competition is being run Best Served Scandinavia, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT.
- Best Served Scandinavia reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Best Served Scandinavia may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- Not included in your prize: travel insurance, spending money and all other expenses (including meals, upgrades or additional activities).
- Any gratuities are at the winner’s discretion and will be paid locally. Gratuities are not covered by Best Served Scandinavia.
- The judge's decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is for 2 adults sharing a hotel room. The winner must be available to travel before December 2016. (excluding peak times and black-out dates such as Christmas, half-term and Easter).
Terms and conditions: £100 voucher
- Bookings must include flights and minimum of 3 nights' overseas hotel accommodation
- Voucher must be used for departures before 31 December 2016
- Subject to availability