Norway's classic Bergen to Kirkenes coastal route celebrates its 130th anniversary in 2023. And, there can be no better way to explore what is one of the world's most spectacular coastlines than with Havila Voyages, a new cruise line which puts passenger comfort, and the environment, centre stage.
Routes & seasons
With departure dates throughout the year, guests can experience the best of Norway through the seasons, exploring dramatic fjords and far-flung archipelagos under either the Midnight Sun or Northern Lights. Choose between the full-length route between Bergen and Kirkenes, perhaps tagging on a stay at the iconic Kirkenes Snowhotel, or opt for a shorter section, sailing either between Tromso and Trondheim or Trondheim and Bergen. These shorter routes are perfect for those looking to combine a cruise with other parts of mainland Norway. Otherwise, you might choose to put your Havila experience front and centre, taking the full voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes and back again.
New ships, spacious cabins
Havila's brand-new fleet of ships offer some of the most advanced environmental technologies in the industry, including the world's largest battery pack which allows for up to four hours' emission-free sailing. That's alongside an energy-efficient hull design and use of natural gas, which cuts Co2 emissions by up to 25%.
But that's not all, as guests will also enjoy a host of modern comforts, including exceptionally spacious cabins and suites, many with panoramic sea views, some with balconies and, in the case of the stunning Lighthouse Suite, even a private Jacuzzi. Whichever you choose, you'll be treated to the likes of complimentary WiFi, USB ports and stylish Nordic-inspired design.
Seaview Cabin, Havila
Havila's onboard dining has a firm focus on local, seasonal ingredients, with Norwegian food culture informing menus which are, in turn, inspired by the route the ships' sail. In fact, at the main Havrand Restaurant, you'll swap between menus as you move along the coast, with dishes inspired by four distinct regions, showcasing everything from summer fruits and berries to succulent reindeer, king crab and delicious Arctic char. Other dining options include the Havly cafe, where guests can enjoy coffee and cake as well as light lunches and simple dinners, and the elegant Hildring, where a five-course fine-dining menu pays tribute to the many flavours of Norway, with a special emphasis on seafood.
Dining in the Havrand Restaurant, Havila Voyages
Add Havila Gold to your booking to enjoy a host of added extras, including additional dining choices and extra service and offers on board.
Food and beverage
- Havila Gold’s exclusive extra meal choices for breakfast and dinner
- Optional, free upgrade to our five-course signature dinner-menu in the Hildring fine dining restaurant (two evenings for round-voyage-travellers or one evening for North/South voyage travellers)
- Non-alcoholic beverage package with a free choice of mineral water, soft drinks, and cold pressed juices from all serving points on board. You get a total of 30 units (roundtrip) or 15 units (voyage South/North)
- A selection of premium coffee choices such as café latte, espresso and cappuccino from all serving points on board
- Welcome package in your cabin upon arrival
- Welcome drink and snacks in the Havblikk Bar & Lounge on deck 9 every day from 4pm to 6pm
- A 20% discount on all Havila profile-products in the Havila Shop
- Service charge is included when using our self-ordering QR while at your cabin
While you'll enjoy your time onboard, you'll also want to step ashore to explore all the Norwegian coast has to offer. In summer, UNESCO-listed fjords frame spectacular hikes, fishing trips and guided strolls among historic towns. Get up close to nature with RIB boat safaris in search of sea eagles, meet huskies near Tromso, get acquainted with Sami locals and and gaze out over the Barents Sea from mainland Europe's most northerly point. Then, in winter, the likes of husky sledding and snowmobiling is illuminated by majestic swirls of the Northern Lights. Whatever you choose, you'll enjoy the services of expert guides who'll be on hand to add colour, intrigue and humour to your holiday experience.